Friday, March 24, 2017

Some reading for my team

We are gathering books today that folks on the team have and use.  I made my contribution to the first pile of books:
The bottom most book - Doing Bayesian Data Analysis - is my contribution to the pile.  We actually had a learning group here last summer using that as our text and I really liked the way it was written.  Very useful, tutorial and plenty of examples. 

I also have a copy of the top book - Causality by Judea Pearl.  To me, that is the key attribute of what people want from statistics : did changing THIS cause THAT to happen?  I'm still working my way through it and am probably about 20% done so far.  Much more dense than I expected, but that is just another way of saying it is filled with information.

Books are a great way of continually learning and I will write more about that next.

Questions, comments, concerns and criticisms always welcome,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment