Monday, February 12, 2018

Tangential (get it?) post: I am digging into this precision based article on Code Project

I've been a loyal follower of the Code Project for quite some time and even written a few articles for them a while back.

It's no secret that my team here at Tableau takes precision and accuracy very seriously and I just discovered this article about that: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/25294/Avoiding-Overflow-Underflow-and-Loss-of-Precision

Overflow and underflow are pretty well covered, but there are aspects of precision that are very hard to control.  I've been reading through this and thought I would share.  I'll finish up integration testing next time - this article was simply a very timely happenstance that I wanted to share.

Questions, comments, concerns and criticisms always welcome,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment