Friday, April 6, 2018

Updating the tasks I posted from 2 weeks ago


Two weeks ago I posted a laundry list of to do items.  We are an agile team with a  2 week sprint cycle, so it seems natural to follow up on these.

Again, in no particular order:
  1. We are getting some beta feedback on our features and are working on fixes for those items.  --- I contacted the person that submitted a key piece of feedback and showed him a proposed change.  He thought it was much better, so remain tuned.

  1. Some of our unit tests use integration points to set up before the test runs. 
    1. This is ongoing work.  In the past 2 weeks, I have refactored 4 tests.
    2. I also had to update a new test we added because the path to one of the files "is too long."  Sigh.

  1. Spent 2 hours performing backlog cleanup.  Consolidating related items, assigning tasks to stories, etc…

  1. I actually tested Tableau :)

  1. I also had time to jump over to Tabpy on github and perform a code review and merge there.

FWIW, 2 and 4 will be focus areas for the next sprint.  Let me know if you find these updates interesting.

Questions, comments, concerns and criticisms always welcome,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment